We offer volunteer placements in grassroots projects in a variety of areas. These include Children’s Homes, schools, health facilities and community work support.
Most of our projects are in rural areas or small towns in the Ashanti Region. We will discuss with you which project suits you best. We keep in close contact with our team in Ghana: On the one hand, it is important for us to respond to your interests and take into account your previous knowledge and experience. On the other hand, the choice is always determined by the current conditions of the projects.
LoszuGhana itself has the LoszuGhana Children’s Village project where voluntary work can be done. We also cooperate with further Children’s Homes in villages, towns and cities. Your work in a Children’s Home is aimed at supporting the pedagogical staff and the employees on site. Depending on your pedagogical skills and interests, you will be involved in tasks such as
- Organising and running play and leisure activities
- Organising and carrying out creative activities
- Supporting the organisation and accompaniment of excursions
- Helping with cooking
- Assisting in improving the literacy skills of individual children
- Organising small activities in consultation with the project management
Volunteering at a school involves assisting educators and teachers with school and extra-curricular activities in kindergartens and preschools (with children from 1 to 3 years old) and primary schools ( with children from 4 to 12 years old). Depending on your pedagogical background and interests, you will be involved in tasks such as
- Instructing and running educational games
- Supporting the improvement of individual children’s literacy skills
- Teaching basic computer skills (e.g. starting and shutting down a PC, opening programs, etc.)
- Preparing teaching and learning materials in collaboration with local teachers
- Organising and running creative activities
The school structure in Ghana is as follows 2 years kindergarten, 6 years primary school, 3 years junior high school (compulsory) with graduation: Basic Education Certificate Examination, followed by 3 years of Senior High School, if applicable, leading to the West African Senior School Certificate, which gives access to university.
Campaigns and Awareness Programs
Our education and awareness programmes is designed to address specific social issues and challenges often found in rural communities, such as diseases like HIV/AIDS, malaria and cholera, as well as environmental issues and concerns such as plastic waste recycling. These acticities are organised in collaboration with professional health educators and local representatives in the selected communities. Depending on the campaign theme and previous experience, the role may involve
- Assisting with the design and organisation of campaign materials (e.g. posters, flyers, PowerPoint presentations).
- Supporting the planning and implementation of individual events
- Follow-up and evaluation of events
- Helping to plan/adapt campaign strategies
- Assisting in the analysis of data collected during the campaign
Ready to volunteer with LoszuGhana?
Fill out our no-obligation application form and we’ll get back to you right away!